How Biotherapy Clinic can help people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) such as Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn’s Disease
If you are here, the chances are that you or someone you love, suffer from inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) such as Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn’s Disease. You’ve heard about the fact that reasons for this malady are unknown. You were told that there is no cure for these diseases because it is heredity process and only medications can give a remission. You possibly take medications and are afraid of their side effect. You may be afraid of the consequences such as removing your colon. So, you have an autoimmune disease. It means that your immune cells are acting crazy by attacking your own tissues and causing severe inflammation. Even medical experts say that, ”Seventy-five years after Crohn’s characterization as a unique entity, we are still in the dark.”
Let’s share with you some facts about autoimmune disease. Genetic factors contribute only 15% of the cases. Eighty five percent are environmental factors including unhealthy diet, toxins, infections, etc. In the Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic of San Francisco we focus to eliminate these environmental factors as much as possible to normalize the immune respond, decrease inflammation and various deficiencies of the vital nutrients. This holistic approach helps our patients to get stable remission. Let’s explain you a viewpoint on the Crohn’s Disease based on scientific, statistic and evidence facts.
Global Map of Crohn’s Disease shows that the prevalence and spread of this disease in the last 60 years is high in North America, Europe, New Zealand, and much less in Southeast Asia, South America. We cannot blame genes; they cannot change in 60 years. Some scientists link Crohn’s Disease with Westernization, and with all of its consequences. The concept of Crohn’s Disease as a disease of the rich also may tell us a few things about possible reasons’.
What does Westernization and high income have in common with autoimmune diseases? A lot, generally it is easy access to western food and medications.
- Cult hygiene from childhood. Overuse the sterile stuff or antimicrobial agents
- Many vaccinations in the childhood
- Frequent use of antibiotics before diagnosis, NSAID, steroids from the first days of life
- Cesarean delivery, formula-only feeding
- Western diet with a lot of processed food products, sugars, wheat, milk
- Consumption of the alcohol, drugs, medications, toxic environment at home and work
- Progress of medicine: enhanced availability of sophisticated endoscopic techniques
- Conventional treatment with medications, which have serious side effects
There are evidences that it is an infectious disease, and Mycobacterium avium that cause the cows’ tuberculosis may play a role in the growth of the Crohn’s disease.
We completely agree that Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis are the results of multifactor interaction between genetic, immune-related, digestive, environmental, infectious, and medical triggers.
Why do the immune cells act so crazy by attacking their own tissues? Why do you suffer from problems that are very far from colon: stress, depression, anxiety, skin disorders, and muscles pains, loss of appetite, fatigue, pancreas, liver, kidney, and hormonal problems?
The solution to control autoimmune diseases is to control healthy digestion. The key of the healthy digestion is friendly intestinal flora and healthy pancreatic function. Sorry to say, but intestinal flora of the modern men are diminished and changed. If the baby did not get mother’s friendly intestinal flora through the natural birth and mother’s milk, if, from the first
year of life, baby got multiple courses of the antibiotics, the friendly intestinal flora replaces by harmful bacteria, yeast, parasites.
These nasty invaders irritate the walls of the small intestine, create a porous gut, and ferment undigested foods; produce a large number of the toxins. This can cause enormous strain on the immune system with its overwork that is manifested by allergic reactions and allergic diseases. Unhealthy eating habits with consumption of the chemically modified “dead” foods, sugars, processed cow milk, and white flour can exhaust the pancreas that works hard to produce pancreatic digestive enzymes. Improperly digested food goes through the porous gut wall into the blood causing additional awful overwork for the immune system.
Moreover, wheat and milk were introduced in the human diet just 10,000 years ago. For this period of time, digestive system of modern population do not adapt well to lectins; proteins in the grains (for example, gluten) or casein (protein in the cow milk). Poorly digested lectins penetrate through the porous gut’s wall into the blood system, attach to the body tissues, and mimic the healthy cells. The immune system is confused and by attacking lectins destroys the healthy cells. It can be the main mechanism to trigger “crazy” immune respond, especially in the predisposed persons.
We have met people who have lost their quality of life and they do not feel better after countless treatments and also now have to deal with serious side effects from the conventional treatment. In the jungle of the internet, almost 50 thousand websites focus on natural treatment of the Crohn’s disease. We do not believe in panacea. We believe in the hard work and cooperation between patient, his/her friends, and relatives and licensed health practitioners.
We offer a unique way. All of our approaches are time-proved, scientific, and clinical based and several are widely used by doctors in other countries. Some of them are:
1. Non lectins, anti Candida, alkaline diet
2. Drinking healing mineral water prepared from the genuine Karlovy Vary thermal spring salt
3. Super strains, bile-resistant probiotics developed through years of research. These friendly bacteria strains have demonstrated to be the most beneficial for different areas or functions of the gastrointestinal tract
5. The high quality and potency line of the nutritional supplements including Cellular Magnesium-Potassium, Immuno Zinc, Biotherapy Digestive Enzymes, Biotherapy Pantothenate, Sunshine D Plus (vitamin D), Mega EPA/DHA, various supplements for support immunity, reducing pain and scaring, precursors of the neurotransmitters, control Candida-yeast, bacterial and parasites overgrowth, healing intestinal lining
6. Acupuncture: Chinese body, Russian ear-lobe, Korean wrist-foot, Japanese scalp Electro acupuncture, Cupping
7. Medical Hypnosis, Custom self-hypnosis CD, Deep relaxation, etc
Some of these healing methods are unknown in the U.S., for example, drinking healing mineral water for ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease. For more than 500 hundred years, European doctors sent their patients with chronic diarrhea or bloody diarrhea in the small Czech town Karlovy Vary to drink healing mineral water from spring. Understanding that the mineral content of this water is an essential therapeutic ingredient, Czech medical doctors suggested producing the genuine Karlovy Vary thermal spring salt. By dissolving this salt in water, everyone can make healing mineral water at home. By scientific research, it is known that this water
- Normalizes acid-alkaline balance
- Improves the function of liver and pancreas
- Increases volume and quality of the digestive pancreatic enzymes
- Promotes the growth of the friendly intestinal flora
- Heals the gut’s wall, decreases inflammation
- Restores the balance of the water, essential minerals and trace elements
Most of the patients, who suffer from the ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease, have heard about probiotics and possibly took them. Nevertheless, not too many people realize that combining probiotics with immunosuppressant’s, antibiotics, and steroids either doesn’t work or may have potential hazard. By analogy with garden, we cannot grow roses if the garden is full of weeds, chemicals, pests, the soil is drained, and the roses, by themselves, are weak and not good quality. The best thing you can do for your garden is to call for experienced, professional help. It is not a quick fix nor is it a self-treatment.
By our practical experience, it is difficult to get remission without restoring the proper function of the pancreas. The low function of pancreas, poor quality of the pancreatic digestive enzymes exacerbates all autoimmune diseases.
Customized, simultaneously accomplished combination of natural, holistic, non-drug methods of the alternative medicine can be very beneficial for persons with ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease. Abrupt discontinuing of the taking medications can cause rebound effect with exacerbation. Therefore, after we help to achieve the clinical remission, you and your doctor will decide about safe diminishing of the medication with subsequent overlapping them by using the non-drug methods.
For effective healing of IBD, ulcerative Colitis, or Crohn’s Disease, please contact the Biotherapy Clinic through one of the following options: