How Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic can help people with Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction.
If you are here, you know what Sphincter of Oddi is. Let’s give you more information. Bile and pancreatic juice go to the duodenum (beginning of the small intestine) using special pathways: bile and pancreatic ducts. They merge and mix with each other before entering the duodenum through a special valve called sphincter Oddi. Spasms or blockage of this valve may cause bile and pancreatic juice to back up. This condition is called Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD).
- Mostly adults after the age of forty
- More females than males
- Overweight individuals
- Individuals who underwent abdominal surgeries: for example, statistic shows that almost 20% of people experience SOD after the gallbladder removal
If you don’t have a gallbladder, but you have pain, read up the book “Natural health before and after gallbladder removal.” Click here
Factors That Make the Sphincter of Oddi Spasm:
- Stress, depression and anxiety
- Poor eating habits such as eating too quickly, irregular diet, fasting, improper food combining such as mixing fatty foods with starches and sugars
- Drugs, some medications, alcohol and nicotine
- Harsh, intensive and repetitive “liver flushing”
- Hormonal imbalances such as decreased thyroid function or menopause
- “Aggressive” acidic bile with gallbladder sand, sludge, and stones
- Food sensitivities and more
Symptoms of Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction include pain that varies in intensity felt in the middle or right part of the upper abdomen. This pain may migrate to the back and could be felt at the lower tip of the scapula or right shoulder. The pain can be accompanied by bloating, nausea and vomiting.
In the EBook “Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You”. Part 1 you can find a great deal of information about development, different types, and stages of the Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunctions. Ther is also information about possible role of SOD in pancreatitis, liver and gallbladder diseases.
The Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic of the San Francisco Bay Area offers the following comprehensive healing program for people suffering from Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD).
The goal of this program is to decrease the pain, bloating, food sensitivities, and other gastro-intestinal symptoms.*
We use a safe, effective, non-drug, holistic approaches. These approaches have been widely used in other countries for many years. Some of them are:
- European Whole Body Cleansing Program
- Herbal Medicine
- Karlovy Vary Healing Mineral Water
- Nutritional Supplementation
- Healing Foods Consultations
Whole Body Cleansing with restoration of friendly intestinal flora helps normalize the function of the gastro-intestinal tract by changing the quality of bile elimination and improving the digestion.
Herbs, acupuncture, hypnosis and some nutritional supplements, can help alleviate the worst symptoms of Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction such as pain, heaviness in the abdominal area, gas, bloating, nausea, heartburn, indigestion, and other physical discomforts.
Healing Food Consultation is also very important in healing Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction. Using the “healing power of food”, we can give you a customized diet plan that was developed in European naturopathic clinics. There is no effective healing process for Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction without a special diet and proper food combining.
For more than 250 years Karlovy Vary Healing Mineral Water (KVHMW) has been the most popular European natural approaches to the bile ducts disorders.*
The water is a natural bile secretion stimulant. Drinking the water promotes gentle peristaltic movements of the bile ducts and smoothes muscular contraction of the gallbladder.
A copious amount of high-quality European research demonstrates that KVHMW dilutes the bile and makes it easier to secrete. It can help to release small cholesterol stones and decrease the inflammation of the bile ducts and gallbladder. Thousands of Europeans with Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction improve their condition without side effects.
You may be surprised to find out that acupuncture can decrease the pain and spasms of Sphincter of Oddi.
For effective healing and pain-relief from Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction, please contact the Biotherapy Clinic through one of the following options:
- Telephone consultation (415) 409-3939
- Office consultation at one of our conveniently located offices, San Francisco and Redwood City