How Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic can help people with Shingles, Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN), Herpes zoster
If you are looking for non-drug approach for severe pain in the areas where you have had a shingles rash, even after the rash and blistering on the skin cleared up, you are in the right place. This condition has medical term; Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) and may persists for many years in some people.
The link between greater age and PHN is strong.At 60 years of age, approximately 60% of patients with shingles develop PHN, and at age 70, 75% will develop PHN.
Postherpetic neuralgia is not fatal, nevertheless it makes life miserable due to severe pain, which it causes. Many patients suffer not only from pain, but also from side effect of medications that they are taking. Some patients will become depended on pain killers and psyche drugs.
“What I need the most is to decrease the pain,” that is what we hear from sufferers of postherpetic neuralgia. How do we help them?
Pain in the PHN is extremely complicated by nature and involves:
- Places where the shingles were
- Peripheral nervous branches
- Central nervous system
In the Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic, we work in all directions:
- For instance, we apply herbal mixtures externally, infrared and magnet therapy, acupuncture
- To decrease sensitivity of the peripheral nervous branches, we use acupuncture, electro acupuncture, and manual therapy. Some vitamins, minerals, herbs and essential fatty and amino acids can be beneficial with any kind of neuropathy including postherpetic neuralgia
- Pain causes pain. Constant pain signals make some parts of the brain to be very sensitive. Ear lobe and scalp acupuncture reduce chronic pains; promotes manufacturing of our own painkillers and well-being hormones and neurotransmitters in the central nervous system. Nutritional supplements’ and herbal formulas also support these actions. Medical hypnosis is another way for elimination of the chronic pain.
For decades of our experience, we have seen that stopping the addiction to painkillers can stop chronic pain.
The relationship between abnormal pain sensitivity and opioid withdrawal is widely known. This condition is called opioid-induced hyperalgesia. It may appear as a paradox, but in some situations, especially when narcotics were used for a long time, the cessation of the drugs may decrease shingles pain. In our experience with the help of the knowledgeable professional, friend or family member, and compliance of the patient, safe withdrawal from opioid drugs can be achieved without serious complications in 3-5 days, even in an outpatient setting.
Statistic shows that Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) strike people with low immune system. Virus usually damages weak cells. Some healing modalities including healing diet, colon hydrotherapy with restoration of the beneficial intestinal bacteria, nutritional supplements, herbs and acupuncture, can improve our body’s resistance to viral infection.
There is no magic bullet to cure Shingles chronic pain. Therefore, Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic can offer sufferers of Shingles, Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN), Herpes zoster a customized healing program that can bring people back to normal life.
We don’t focus just on the symptoms; we treat the root of the problem for long lasting results.
If conventional medicine did not help, we can.
To begin undergoing services at the Biotherapy Clinic for Shingles, Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN), Herpes zoster, please select one of the following options: