How Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic can help with Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS).
The menstrual cycle is a good indicator of a women’s general health. When the flow is adequate, regular, and without discomfort, blood production and circulation is healthy. Stressful lifestyle, poor eating habits, and emotional upset encourage blood deficiency and blocked Chi (vital energy), leading to irregularity and pain.
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) is the cyclic recurrence of a group of symptoms that peak 7 to 10 days before menstruation and disappear a few hours after the onset of the menstrual flow. Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) is a complex of symptoms, which affect millions of women each month. Symptoms of PMS can include (but are not limited to): bloating, cramping, breast tenderness, fatigue, headache, emotional upset, and constipation. It is believed that up to 80% of women of reproductive age experience some symptoms of PMS.
Often the sensations are very mild and not bothersome. For a large number of women the symptoms can be debilitating. The physical, emotional, and mental changes are the result of hormonal and biochemical fluctuations which normally occur at this stage in the menstrual cycle and how the nervous system responds to those changes.
There are different types of PMS depending on predominant symptoms:
- First type is associated with anxiety, nervousness; mood swings, irritability, insomnia and depression.
- Second type of PMS is one characterized by an increased appetite, craving, particularly sweets. The excess sugars then cause headaches, heart palpitations, fatigue and fainting.
- Third type of PMS is dominated by symptoms of fatigue, depression, forgetfulness, confusion and lethargy.
- Fourth type of PMS is associated with weight gain from water retention, breast congestion and tenderness, abdominal bloating and tenderness, and facial and leg edema.
Why wasn’t PMS a big deal for our mothers and grandmothers, what’s going on with women’s health today? Why is one woman’s experience insignificant and another’s devastating?
Hormones are intimately involved in PMS. They are very potent modifiers of biochemistry. Any abnormal fluctuation in hormone levels can cause dramatic and erratic alterations in physiology. An excess of estrogen relative to progesterone is behind many symptoms of PMS.
Causes for Premenstrual Syndrome:
- Diet that’s high in estrogenic foods and lack of specific nutrients
- Metabolism – Some PMS symptoms may be caused by the body’s inability to properly metabolize fatty acids.
- Mineral deficiency – Some researchers believe the cause of PMS may be linked to a calcium and magnesium deficiency in sufferers.
- Environment – Factors such as the increased use of estrogen-mimicking chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides, may be linked to an increase in rates of PMS.
- Candida-yeast overgrow releases more toxins into the system, can cause inner intoxication and hormonal chaos in woman’s body
- Psychosocial stress can exhaust adrenal glands and estrogen dominance.
- Combination – PMS symptoms are possibly brought on by a combination of diet, stress, inner toxicity and mineral and vitamin deficiencies.
The ability to handle stress is an important aspect of dealing with the symptoms of PMS. It has been shown that patients with PMS show a higher degree of negative coping skills. The following characteristics are considered indicative of negative coping skills, considered negative, as they do not support good health:
- Too much TV.
- Emotional outbursts.
- Behaviors to excess, including work.
- The reliance on chemicals: drugs, alcohol, and smoking.
Learning positive coping skills is an essential part of handling stress. A variety of paths can be taken to develop positive coping skills, including the development of a more balanced life-style, and the strengthening of a spiritual connection. A medical hypnosis and relaxation are especially useful in this process.
The practitioners of Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic welcome the opportunity to become partners in your care, and to assist you in achieving your goal of improved health and wellness.
Acupuncture and Premenstrual Syndrome
Have you ever wondered about treating premenstrual syndrome or “PMS” with acupuncture?
In the Orient, one of the most important methods of treatment is herbal medicine, closely followed by acupuncture. If you have painful, difficult periods there is obstruction or constriction of the circulation Chi (vital energy) in your pelvic organs. Acupuncture is excellent therapy for the removal of blocked Chi throughout affected meridians, and herbal medicine promotes blood flow to the pelvic region. You will feel much less cramping and more relaxed immediately after treatment and in subsequent cycles. Regular acupuncture treatment is helpful in balancing female hormonal function and the autonomic nervous system and is effective for the long-term management of PMS.
Balance for Female naturally promotes female hormonal balance and may naturally help heal women’s health problems, such as infertility, PMS, menstrual disorders, cysts, endometriosis, chronic fatigue, hot flashes, anxiety, insomnia, chronic fatigue, and fibromyalgia. Most women spend the majority of their lives taking care of others. Now is the time to start taking care of yourself. *
Yin Formula is an all-natural, unique, safe and highly effective herbal medicine that will relieve the stress, insomnia, nervous tension, anxiety, restlessness and irritability. Many of the clinically tested ingredients found in this herbal formula have been shown to alleviate pain, spasms and cramps, maintain mental equilibrium, relax the body and strengthen the nervous and immune systems. It also helps cut the cravings for sugar, coffee, tobacco, and alcohol.
What about diet or taking supplements?
Many PMS sufferers benefit from making diet modifications after Healing Food Consultation and Nutrition Supplementation to decrease various symptoms related to PMS. Our nutritional program is designed to support your body in its effort to maintain the function of the endocrine glands involved in the balance of estrogen and progesterone.
Other ways to diminish PMS are the appropriate dietary changes, special healing exercises, and complete body cleansing. *
These methods will often affect profound changes in the woman’s health. Often times, not only the main symptoms of PMS improve, but also other symptoms resolve and the woman begins to feel greater energy, spirits, and vitality.
Natural medicine offers a wealth of safe and easy methods of healing PMS. To begin undergoing services at the Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic for PMS, please select one of the following options:
- Telephone consultation. (415) 409-3939 or (650) 365-3640
- Office consultation
- Telephone or e-mail order nutrition supplementation program
- Healthy Vacation” in San Francisco. You can visit the Biotherapy Clinic for a few weeks to combine the enjoyment of the wonderful city along with an intensive healing program including whole body cleansing, restoration of friendly intestinal flora, acupuncture, deep relaxation, drinking Karlovy Vary Healing Mineral Water, and customized nutrition supplementation.