How Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic can help people with
Metabolic Syndrome (Syndrome X)
Guess what is more dangerous for American people: terrorist attack, epidemic infection, environmental hazards or alien invasion? Well…none of the above. According to the recent data, the health conditions such as heart diseases, stroke, diabetes, cancer and other health killers will kill almost 70 millions Americans in the future? Yes, 70 millions of us. You may already be suffering from one of the most common and often overlooked diseases to strike Americans. Doctors call this peculiar condition insulin resistance or, with a bit more mystique, Syndrome X or Metabolic Syndrome.
There’s a killer running rampant in the United States who is responsible for the deaths of 2,600 Americans a day. Every 33 seconds it claims another victim!
Metabolic syndrome, or “Syndrome X,” as it is often called, is the combination of obesity, hypercholesterolemia, and hypertension linked by an underlying resistance to insulin. This condition is often associated with excess insulin secretion. The syndrome was first described by American endocrinologist from Stanford University Dr. Reaven in 1998. Retrospective data from the National Health Nutritional Survey for the period 1988 to 1994 implied that 47-million Americans had metabolic syndrome. The current prevalence of the syndrome may now be one in every four adults in the United States population, or about 70-million persons. So common and so pernicious are the negative health outcomes of metabolic syndrome that it qualifies as the number-one public health problem facing several Western societies. (By Stephen Holt, MD.) The number of people with Metabolic Syndrome increases with age, affecting more than 40 percent of people in their 60s and 70s.
M.Murray, ND considers that Syndrome X is a serious disease because it is a sign of serious disruption of physiological processes. Think of it as a sign of the body in chaos. In fact, chaos is a good acronym for the various complications of syndrome X:
Coronary artery disease
Adult onset diabetes
Syndrome X carries a HUGE risk of suffering from these potentially catastrophic health conditions.
Although the metabolic syndrome X is identified as a major cause of cardiovascular disease and diabetes, it increases deaths and disabilities from all causes, and underlies reproductive disorders, female polycystic ovary syndrome, fatty liver disease, gout, memory disorders and certain cancers.
If the name “Metabolic Syndrome” doesn’t ring a bell, the symptoms might: Feeling tired after you eat, and at other times when you shouldn’t. Gaining a pound here and a pound there especially on the belly and having difficulty losing them. Your blood pressure creeps up year after year. Your cholesterol and/or bad cholesterol do the same. You crave sweets, breads or other carbohydrates shortly after a meal. In addition, you are suffering from “brain fog”.
Experts of World Health Organization believe you may have Metabolic Syndrome, Syndrome X or Insulin Resistance if you have 3 of these:
- Excessive fat in and around the abdomen (“apple shape”) abdominal or “central” obesity (waist size of greater than 40 inches in men, greater than 35 inches in women)
- High levels of triglycerides (fats) and LDL (bad) cholesterol in the blood
- Low levels of HDL (good) cholesterol (less than 40 mg/dl (men) or under 50 mg/dl (women))
- High blood pressure (greater than 130/85)
- A triglyceride level above 150 mg/dl
- A fasting blood glucose (sugar) level greater than 100 mg/dl
Hundreds of studies have led to the conclusion that any excess of fat can be problematic, but it’s much, much more dangerous when it’s accumulated in the abdomen and make your abdomen “apple shaped”.
To find out whether you have an apple figure, determine your waist-to-hip ratio:
- Take your waist measurement with a tape measure around your waist in the level of your navel.
- Then take your hip measurement by measuring your hips at their widest point.
- Determine your waist-to-hip ratio by dividing your waist measurement by your hip measurement.
An unhealthy accumulation of fat in the middle, or an apple figure, suggests for women ratio over 0.8; for men ratio over 1.0 and it is a hallmark of Metabolic Syndrome.
Do you know why people who store fat primarily in their bellies are at high risk for heart attacks and diabetes? After you eat, blood sugar levels rise. If they rise too high, they call out huge amounts of insulin, a hormone excreted from your pancreas. The cells are getting resistant to high level of insulin in what is called “insulin resistance”. Insulin loses its ability to make your body’s cells absorb glucose from the blood-your body uses glucose for energy. When this happens, glucose levels remain high after you eat. It is a very important liver function to removes insulin from the bloodstream. People with fat bellies store too much fat in their livers, which prevents the liver from removing insulin, so insulin levels rise higher and higher and cause damages inside the lining of blood vessels. Consequently, this leads to spasm, hypertension, heart attacks, stroke, cancer, abdominal obesity and eventually diabetes.
Excess of the insulin then acts as a toxin for the rest of the body.
When insulin resistance happens, glucose levels remain high after you eat. Your pancreas, sensing a high glucose level in your blood, continues to excrete insulin. It closes arteries to cause heart attacks and acts on the brain to make you eat more. In addition, it acts on your liver to manufacture more fat, and on the fat cells in your belly to store that fat. Fatty Liver is a typical part of Syndrome X or Insulin Resistance Syndrome and one of the most common and often overlooked conditions to strike Americans.
Why Are Metabolic Syndrome and Diabetes rates growing and threatening to become the Diseases of the Civilization? We have three big reasons for it: bad nutrition, sedentary life style and stress.
- Bad nutrition. Many Americans are literally eating themselves to an early death now. Today researches recognize that Metabolic Syndrome is a nutritional disease caused by over consumption of white flour and sugar and other products with high glycemic index, animal fat, and alcohol. From another hand, this condition is caused by deficiency of vital nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, microelements, fibers, essential fatty acids in our food.
- Sedentary life style. Without enough movement the muscles cells don’t need glucose for energy and are getting insulin resistant. Regular exercises are vitally necessary to keep the insulin in balance and to improve glucose and triglyceride levels.
- Chronic stress. Elevated levels of the cortisol hormone, when triggered by stress, will increase appetite, enhance fat storage, disrupt blood sugar control, and eventually lead to obesity that can cause diabetes and other serious conditions such as metabolic syndrome.
If you have Metabolic Syndrome (or Syndrome X) you are more likely to become ill or die from heart disease, stroke or diabetes. Having metabolic syndrome is a bad news. But the good news is that the syndrome can be reversed by Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic’s unique Whole Body Cleansing program with improved diet, activity and weight loss. This program is focused on underlying causes of metabolic syndrome to improve cell’s insulin sensitivity, normalize acid-alkaline balance, replenish the body with vital nutrients, decrease the amounts of toxins, yeast and parasites.
You need not worry about being hungry on this program. When you address your specific nutritional requirements you will not have any hunger pains. When you finally balance your diet needs, your food cravings will disappear, and you will wake up each day with more than enough energy.
Alternative medicine offers a wealth of safe and easy methods of healing metabolic syndrome. To begin undergoing services at the Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic of San Francisco Bay Area for metabolic syndrome, overweight and obesity, and fatty liver, please select one of the following options:
- Telephone consultation. (415) 409-3939
- Office consultation
- “Healthy Vacation” in San Francisco. You can visit the Biotherapy Clinic for a few weeks to combine the enjoyment of the wonderful city along with an intensive healing program including whole body cleansing, colon hydrotherapy with restoration of friendly intestinal flora, acupuncture, deep relaxation, drinking Karlovy Vary Healing Mineral Water, hypnosis and customized nutrition supplementation.