Is there the connection between acid-alkaline balance and pancreas? Indeed, yes.
From school chemistry classes, everybody knows that there are acids and alkalis. Scientists offered the measure of acidity or alkalinity in the mineral solutions by using pH from 0 to 14. Pure water is neutral with pH – 7.0. Below it shows that solution is acidic. The pH – 0 is the most acidic. From the other hand, pH more than 7.0 demonstrates that this solution is alkaline. The pH – 14 is the most alkaline.
Human blood keeps constant (slightly alkaline) acid – alkaline balance. The pH of human blood is continuously 7.4. If the blood’s pH plunges just to 7.0, all critical organs such as heart, lung and brain will discontinue working, and life stops.
All human cells live, breath, multiply, and make waste. These waste products usually are acids. If the body obtains too many acid-formed foods, the human cells create too many metabolic acids, or body cannot neutralize or get rid of these acids, every human cell bathes in their waste. This condition is called over acidity – metabolic acidosis. Over acidity gradually kills human cells and body causing countless diseases and premature aging.
Alkaline glands, for instance, liver and pancreas are most susceptible to acidic damage. Pancreas creates the pancreatic juice and liver manufactures bile, which are alkaline solutions. Pancreatic juice pH is 7.8 -8.0, and pH of bile is 7.5-8.8. The whole body acidity leads to the acidity of the body’s fluids. Bile and pancreatic juice also turn into the acidic stage. At that time, bile and pancreatic juice become “aggressive” and irritate pancreas, liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, sphincter of Oddi and duodenum causing indigestion, gallstones, spasms, ulcers, inflammation, bile reflux, even cancer.
From medical literature, it is known, when pancreatic cells cannot get the correct amount of minerals and bicarbonates pancreatic juice is getting acidic, its pH goes down.
In turn, it can create many harmful problems include:
- The diminishing of the activity of the pancreatic enzymes in the duodenum. It leads to indigestion
- Acidic changes activate protease (the enzyme that digests protein) inside the pancreas. The protease begins to digest its pancreatic tissue causing inflammation – pancreatitis.
- Due to acidity, calcium salts precipitate inside the pancreatic duct. Calcium stones irritate and block the pancreatic duct causing pancreatitis. Calcification of the pancreas can often be seen in the patients’ with chronic pancreatitis.
- Acidity decreases the antimicrobial action of pancreatic juice. It leads to pancreatitis and SIBO
- Acidic pancreatic juice causes spasm of the sphincter Oddi with a backup flow and rising pressure inside the pancreas. Trapped within the pancreatic duct, active enzymes digest their pancreas leading to damage, inflammation, and loss of pancreatic tissue
- Alcohol causes 70 percent of all cases of chronic pancreatitis. Alcohol does double damage to the pancreas. First, it is very toxic to pancreatic cells. Second, it is extremely acid-formed substances.
We explain how metabolic acidosis kills pancreas in our EBook and articles in reputable medical magazines.[1, 2, 3. 4. 5]
Acidic changes in bile aggravate symptoms and also lead to chronic pancreatitis. If the bile becomes acidic, the person cannot properly digest fats and fat-soluble vitamins. Consequently, fatty foods cause fullness, discomfort, pain, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Besides, acidic bile becomes very aggressive, a toxic fluid that irritates liver, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts, sphincter of Oddi and duodenum. By irritation of the bile system and pancreas, aggressive bile causes inflammation and spasms.
Irritation of the gut’s walls can cause inflammation, ulcers, and wrong way traffic for bile-bile reflux. An aggressive mix of the acidic bile and pancreatic juice that is mixed with toxic undigested food leads to jerky contractions of the gut’s walls. This aggressive mixture is thrown into the stomach and esophagus. It is accompanied typically by persistent heartburn.
Acidic bile is a major reason for gallstones, which can block pancreatic duct creating biliary pancreatitis.
Pancreas is the exceptional organ in our body. A human does not have the organ, as pancreas that can make self-destruction. Pancreas produces very powerful, digestive, pancreatic enzymes in an inactive form. In a case of acidity, these digestive, enzymes are activated inside the pancreas causing uncontrolled self-digestion-pancreatitis. Therefore, healing actions in chronic pancreatitis need to be focused on the normalizing of the acid-alkaline balance.*
Self-destroying leads to inflammation of the pancreatic tissue and kills the pancreatic cells. For example, it is similar to disaster happened in the reactors when atomic reaction goes out of control. Nuclear reactor starts meltdown and destroys itself. Tragedies in the Fukushima in Japan and Chernobyl in Ukraine are the simple examples of self-destruction.
How to have an idea is person acidic or alkaline? If the body is over acidic, it struggles to remove acidic matter through the body fluids such as saliva and urine. Measurement of the saliva and urine pH by litmus paper may open window inside the body acid-alkaline balance. If saliva and urine pH are often less than 6.6, it means that body perhaps is acidic. It presumes acidity of bile and pancreatic juice, as well. Whole body acidity-metabolic acidosis is very common today in the USA, thus, more than half Americans have the digestive issues. Crowds of patients with dyspepsia, IBS, gallstones, sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, GERD, functional and structural stages of chronic pancreatitis get symptomatic treatment, countless tests, and surgeries without the focus on the core of the digestion-pancreatic gland.
In Biotherapy Clinic, we can see numerous positive changes in the people’s digestive health after the acid-alkaline balance is getting normal. Naturally, the human may fight with whole body acidity by consumption of alkaline diet, taking Cellular Magnesium-Potassium and drinking healing mineral water.
Drinking healing mineral water is strange for the Americans, but European are pretty familiar with it. European doctors have known healing mineral waters for hundreds of years. All over the Europe,
there are numerous healthy mineral spas. People drink there healing mineral waters for many digestive disorders. The most scientific researched is healing mineral water from the famous thermal spring in Karlovy Vary, in the Czech Republic. People have used this unique gift from earth for 500 years. 250 years ago, Karlovy Vary’s doctors proposed to vaporize the mineral spring water to make genuine Karlovy Vary thermal spring salt for prepare water at home. European physicians demonstrated that mineral water, prepared from genuine Karlovy Vary thermal spring salt, has similar healing properties as spring water. According to medical literature, Karlovy Vary healing mineral water is beneficial for individuals with chronic pancreatitis, digestive, gallbladder and liver disorders. To read information that scientifically explains the beneficial actions of the Karlovy Vary Healing Mineral Water for chronic pancreatitis, click here
To obtain the benefits of the Biotherapy Clinic from healing chronic Pancreatitis and restore the normal acid-alkaline balance, one can select the following options:
1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/236176#/longdescr
2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560
3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work – “Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas” with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders
JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368
4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80
5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10