How Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic can help people with Rosacea.
Rosacea is a chronic, inflammatory skin disorder that affects an estimated 13 million (1 in 20) Americans. It is a chronic and potentially life-disruptive disorder primarily of the facial skin, often characterized by flare-ups and remissions.* Because of its alarming, acne-like effect on personal appearance, it can cause devastating psychological and social problems in addition to its physical effects. Rosacea can affect all segments of the population; particularly those with fair skin who tend to flush or blush easily. The disorder may be somewhat more common in women, but is often more severe in men.
The most common symptoms include facial redness across the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead, visibly damaged blood vessels, and small red inflammatory bumps and pimples. In severe cases the nose may grow swollen and bumpy from excess tissue. This is the condition, called rhinophyma. 60% of rosacea patients develop gritty eyes, conjunctivitis, blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids), iritis, keratitis (inflammation of the cornea), and eventually, loss of vision.
The mite (Demodex folliculorum hominis) lives around hair follicles or in the secretory ducts of sebaceous (fat) glands connected to the hair follicles of humans. Demodex folliculorum is a mite that infests hair follicles. It is believed that this mite contributes to a skin condition called rosacea by provoking a small allergic reaction in the follicle, blocking the follicle, or allowing other microorganisms to infect the skin.
The preferred sites are facial skin, forehead, cheeks, eyelashes and external ear channels. The size of demodices varies from 0.1 mm to 0.4 mm. Adult parasites have four pairs of short legs. They can slowly move on the skin especially during the night. In humans, the infestation occurs world-wide. The incidence of demodicosis steadily increases with the individual’s age. The infestation may be frequently free of symptoms.
There are many factors that may trigger rosacea flare-ups and can induce and worsen rosacea symptoms. Potential triggers can be either external or internal ones.
Factors That May Trigger Rosacea Flare-ups
The following list was compiled from patient histories by Dr. Jonathan Wilkin and produced by the National Rosacea Society.
- Sour cream
- Cheese (except cottage cheese)
- Soy sauce
- Yeast extract (bread is ok)
- Broad-leaf beans and pods, including lima, navy or pea
- Citrus fruits, including tomatoes, bananas, red plums, raisins or figs
- Spicy and thermally hot foods
- Foods high in histamine
- Hot baths
- Simple overheating
- Excessively warm environments
- Strong winds
- Topical steroids
- Alcohol, especially red wine, beer, bourbon, gin, vodka or champagne
- Hot drinks, including hot cider, hot chocolate, coffee or tea
- Frequent flushing
- Chronic cough
- Caffeine withdrawal syndrome
Skin care products
- Some cosmetics and hair sprays, especially those containing alcohol, witch hazel or fragrances
- Hydro-alcoholic or acetone substances
- Any substance that causes redness or stinging
In Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic of San Francisco, we strongly believe that rosacea can be healed in a perfectly natural way from “inside out” and “outside in”. Outstanding results are not achieved overnight and need time, honest effort, patience and, above all, insistence and persistence.
We are utilizing combination of natural methods such as:
- Restoration of friendly intestinal flora and getting rid of Candidaand parasites.
- Achieving and maintaining the proper Acid-Alkaline Balance of the body by using alkaline-forming food and KVHMW
- Herbal Medicine, Nutritional Supplementation, Acupuncture.
- A promising part of healing for this condition may be external applications of topical herbal balsams and Karlovy Vary mineral salt.
- Release of “toxic” emotions, stress relieving and positive visualization by using Hypnotherapy, Deep Relaxation, Acupuncture.
Our program has worked for other people, be confident it will work for you!
To begin undergoing services at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic of San Francisco for Rosacea, please select one of the following options:
- Telephone consultation. (415) 409-3939 or (650) 365-3640
- Office consultation
- “Healthy Vacation” in San Francisco. You can visit the Biotherapy Clinic for a few weeks to combine the enjoyment of the wonderful city along with an intensive healing program including whole body cleansing, restoration of friendly intestinal flora, acupuncture, deep relaxation, drinking Karlovy Vary Healing Mineral Water, and customized nutrition supplementation.
The statements made in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products and procedures presented at this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or illness, to prescribe any medication or to be a substitute for medical treatment.