Important information: Acupuncture has been included as one of the essential therapies under the Affordable Care Act. So, the residents of California State have the option to obtain abundant benefits from the acupuncture treatments. Book your appointment with us so we can help you to become stronger, healthier, and leave you feeling extra ordinarily in good health with the classical therapy of acupuncture in San Francisco and Redwood City.
Here are 10 reasons why you should come to Biotherapy Clinic to experience the ancient treatment of acupuncture:
- A painless and comfortable experience: We totally believe in providing a comfortable, relaxing, and painless environment for our client where they can experience multiple therapies including acupuncture in a happy state of mind.
- A vast in-depth experience: That’s right. We havemore than 50 years of experience in Holistic and Western medical treatments.
- Free consultations: No obligation or pressure on our clients. Be assured that we never push any services or products on you.
- Get discounts: We provide highly discounted coupons for our clients.
- Unmatched availability: We are open on weekends and evenings as well. We always find convenient time for our clients.
- Serving in two convenient locations: Come and heal by acupuncture therapy in San Francisco or Redwood City.
- Variety of treatments for hard-to-treat, chronic conditions: We specialize in many chronic, complex conditions. Many of our clients came to us after visiting numerous other medical practitioners. We hear out client say: “I wish I came here sooner” everyday.
- Multi-disciplined clinic: By combining the acupuncture with numerous other therapies such as dietary supplements, cupping, manual therapy, colon hydrotherapy, hypnosis and several others, our clients get more success and better results for their illness condition.
- Ranked high by our clients: We have some incredible reviews about our services on yelp and plenty of testimonials.
- For your convenience, we verify if your insurance covers acupuncture: We always verify whether your insurance covers acupuncture for you prior to your first treatment so that we may save you the hassle of getting any surprises later on. Please call or fillout our online form.
What is Acupuncture and why is it so beneficial?
Well, a lot us today have at least an idea about what acupuncture essentially is. Acupuncture is actually a procedure in which hair-thin needles are inserted in the body on specific points. The inserted needles, in turn, initiate human body’s healing defense forces. The art of acupuncture is one of the oldest medical methods used for treatment. The research points back as far as 5,000 years in history. The originating country of this healing method is China where it is still practiced widely today as well as in Japan, Korea, Europe, Israel, Russia, and many other nations of the world. It was officially recognized as a medical treatment for an assortment of ailments in 1997 by a committee of specialists at the National Health Institute in United States.
Although, even now a lot of people don’t actually know how a therapeutic acupuncture will help them achieve healthier condition but American medicine is finally realizing the worth of acupuncture treatments. According to the president of National Health Institute David Ramsey, the practice of acupuncture is very helpful and crucial for specific medical conditions, more specially the ones that involve osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, painful disorders, tennis elbow, low back pain, fibromyalgia, and numerous others. If we see from a modern perspective, the simple and effective objective for acupuncture is to develop your body’s immune system so that your body could be stronger and healthier. The practice of acupuncture additionally elevates your antiseptic, analgesic, antiparalytic, and antispasmodic capabilities too.
According to a report by the World Health Organization, acupuncture therapy can also be used for several common conditions like common cold, acute bronchitis, acute sinusitis, chronic and acute gastritis, constipation, trigeminal neuralgia, acute and chronic colitis, Meniere’s illness and several other common conditions.
Acupuncture treatment at Biotherapy Clinic
There are many other symptoms and conditions that can be relieved by acupuncture. In our 50 years of experience, we have successfully used acupuncture to help relieve symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and pancreatitis, skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis and rosacea, liver disorders such as hepatitis and early stages of cirrhosis as well as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and chronic prostatitis.
Acupuncture can be used to great extend to help with the symptoms of depression, stress and panic attacks, to control cravings during alcohol, drug and smoking cessation, recover from surgery, recover from stroke, osteoporosis, and to promote the weight loss.
Acupuncture treatments are provided by Peter Melamed, LAc, RN, PhD. and Felix Melamed, LAc.
Peter is a licensed acupuncturist in the State of California and New York, not anymore. As a former medical doctor in the Soviet Union, Peter frequently combined conventional Western medical treatment with herbs, acupuncture, and other non-drug healing therapies. Read more about Peter Melamed, LAc, RN, PhD and Felix Melamed, LAc here.